Get in touch
It all started when...
Dr. Daniel Hartley opened the practice in 1975 on Jacobs Highway after two years of service at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington, D.C. Dr. Hartley has several connections to the Clinton area including that he attended Presbyterian College for his undergraduate degree and that his wife’s parents lived here for a short period of time.
Dr. Hartley’s new dental practice included himself and one dental hygienist who also served as his assistant until the practice grew enough to support additional team members. In 1987 the original office building was renovated and expanded to include three additional patient rooms and a larger sterilization and lab area. The practice continued to thrive and grow, and in 2006, Dr. Kristin Derrick, a Clinton native, joined Dr. Hartley.
With the addition of Dr. Derrick, a graduate of MUSC, the dental practice was officially named Clinton Dental Care. In 2007, Dr. Derrick purchased the practice from Dr. Hartley who then began to work a reduced schedule. Dr. Hartley retired completely in December of 2013.
Clinton Dental Care continued to grow and expand in patient size and services provided and plans were made to relocate into a new state of the art but family friendly dental facility. In April of 2015 construction of the new facility to be located at 1208 Springdale Drive began. A year later, in April 2016, the new facility was move-in ready! The office was relocated over a weekend and open to see patients the following Monday. The new facility is larger and has the technology and equipment to service patients effectively and efficiently. Two new staff members were also hired to support the needs of the growing practice.
Clinton Dental Care is committed to serving the Clinton community and surrounding areas - because your smile matters!